4 cups water
2 cups Quinoa rinsed well and drained
2 Tblsp dried currants
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
2 Medium carrots, peeled, cut into small cubes
2 Medium zucchini, trimmed cut into small cubes
1 Tsp Sweet paprika
1 Tsp Ground cumin
1/2 Tsp Ground cinnamon
1/2 cup Chopped fresh cilantro
1. Combine first 4 ingredients in heavy large saucepan. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium- low, cover and simmer until water is absorbed and quinoa is tender, about 20 minutes.
2. Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add carrots; sauté until tender about 5 minutes
3. Add zucchini; sauté until tender about 3 minutes.
4. Mix in paprika, cumin, and cinnamon
5. Add quinoa to skillet; toss to blend. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Mix in cilantro and serve
* Recipe from the Bon Appetit fast easy fresh cookbook by: Barbara Fairchild
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.